Beware – 10 Things Not to Do Before Buying a Home. Committing ANY of these acts can dramatically alter your Credit Score or Debt to Income Ratios. It can even block your chance of closing on your home purchase.
10 Commandments for Home Buyers
When Applying for a Home Mortgage Loan…
When buying a home or refinancing your current home loan, there are some seemingly harmless, normal activities that can derail the processing of your home loan.
Here is a list of 10 Things Not to Do Before Buying a Home. Please consult with your loan officer regarding your loan.
- Thou shall not change jobs or become self-employed.
- Thou shall not buy a car, truck, or van unless you plan to live in it.
- Thou shall not use your credit cards or let your payments fall behind.
- Thou shall not spend the money you have saved for your down payment.
- Thou shall not buy furniture before you buy your home.
- Thou shall not originate any new inquiries on your credit report.
- Thou shall not make any large deposits into your bank account.
- Thou shall not change bank accounts.
- Thou shall not co-sign for anyone.
- Thou shall not purchase anything until (way) after the closing.